Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Irv Gotti Says He Has 'No Love' For Former Singer Lloyd (BLOG, VIDEO)

It's been a minute since we heard from Murder Inc. founder, Irv Gotti. One of the last news we heard was his The Inc. label was leaving Universal Records ... and his artists, Lloyd and Ashanti, were severing ties with him.

The former music mogul recently sat down on MTV's RapFix Live couch to speak with Sway about the departure of the singers, and how he feels about it today.

While Irv says Ashanti "is cool," his feelings for Lloyd aren't as nice.

"Ashanti is cool. Ashanti is one thing. Me and her had our little thing and it is what it is. She's not as bad as Lloyd," Gotti explained. "Lloyd, I have no love for. Because here's a person that I helped out. The minute he left --- I let you go. You wanted to leave, I let you go. And you gon' say, 'Well Gotti did this and Gotti did that.' N****, you went platinum with Gotti. You went gold with Gotti, you went platinum with Gotti. What you doing now with Interscope? What'd you sell, like 15 units?

According to Irv, Lloyd disrespected him, despite an amicable split.

"I'm not saying to pay homage to me. But don't sh** on me? I let you go," he said. "You wanted to be your own man or whatever, get outta here. He could walk past me, he get hit by a car. I'd be like, \'Oh word? He got hit by a car? Yo BJ, let's go get something to eat.' "

Lloyd split from Gotti in 2009. He's since signed with Interscope, and dropped his fourth LP, King Of Hearts, in July 2011.

In an interview, posted on his official Youtube channel in September 2009, the singer detailed his problems with Gotti ... in which he claimed the two had creative differences as far as the direction of his music.

"My momentum was given to Ja Rule to release a new project. I really felt like that wasn't fair to me," Lloyd said. "I have no regrets, and even if I did, it's about learning to live with them. No regrets, I look it as a learning experience, a one-of-a-kind learning experience."

Gotti's current situation with The Inc. is unknown at press time.

Get More: Music News


ballerstatu

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants