Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Diggy Simmons Vows To Keep His Music Profanity Free (BLOG)

Rev. Run's young son has been making a name for himself over the past two years as a rapper. However, with his career gaining traction, Diggy Simmons plans to take a different route when it comes to his music.

He wants to keep his lyrics clean, and free of profanity.

In an interview with DC's 93.9 WKYS radio station, Diggy explained his choice of words in music affect his family, and he doesn't want to offend his parents.

"When people hear me say certain types of things, they say, I wonder what Rev would think," said the young rapper. "I wouldn't say anything in the first place that would be shameful to my family anyway, but I am me at the end of the day.

"That's not even me trying to be clean. I don't need it, I don't need to curse in my rhymes or in any of my songs," Diggy added.

So far, Diggy's made good on his word.

On his mixtapes, and latest single, "Copy Paste," he doesn't use curse words ... and doesn't plan to start.

"Honestly, I haven't really sat down and said, when I'm older I'm gonna curse or when I'm older, I'm not, but I don't see myself cursing anytime soon," said Diggy. "I don't think I should ever use it, honestly. I guess I'm making the decision now, I'm never gonna curse. There's no point."

Diggy is currently hard at work on his debut album, set to drop on Atlantic Records later this year.



ballerstatus

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants