Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Weekend and the Crazy Taxi


I had quite a busy weekend.

While I was busy with my things throughout the weekend, I took plenty of photos.
This post will most likely be the post with the most number of pictures...

...For the month of April! :)



Anyway, today I had my photo shooting with Jessie. Our appointment was 11AM but we arrived at 12.15PM! :P

Indoor photo shooting was fun, I enjoyed it. For outdoor photo shooting, I assumed that it will be even better, but the wet weather created some discomfort or else it will be much enjoyable.

By the end of the day, both me and Jessie was so tired that on our way home we dozed off in the car.

Got to thanks my brother
Jun Hao, and his great friend Gary for helping out on our photo shooting too.

During the entire photo shooting, neither me nor Jun Hao took any photos although both of us brought our digital cameras along! Reason is... I am too busy and he is too lazy!




Last Saturday afternoon, I went back with my parents to Novena Furnishing and Furnitures because after some measuring of my bed room, we discovered the bed set we ordered couldn't fit into my room as planned, therefore we went back to look for the salesman and see if they could do anything about it...







kimjunhong.blogspot.com
In the car to Novena Furnishing & Furnitures






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
...and it started drizzling.









In Novena Furnishing & Furniture...


*


*


*


*


*



kimjunhong.blogspot.com
This was the bed set I brought.







It was because of it's huge mirrors on the wardrobe that I took a liking to that bed set.
Unfortunately, the mirrors will be changed to white. :(








kimjunhong.blogspot.com
I like this bed.







I really like the above bed set with a Japanese-feel, but my parents discouraged it saying that the bed's extra edges takes up space in the room.

Come on! Wasn't it because of the extra edges that made me like the bed in the first place??







Photobucket
Very smiliar to that Japanese-feel bed. I like it too.







After a short while in Novena Furnishing & Furnitures, the salesman has called up their warehouse, and they will be doing some adjustments to my bedset so that it could fit nicely into my room as I've planned.

When we step out of that place, it started raining heavily...










kimjunhong.blogspot.com





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Does the rain looks heavy?







We continued our journey back home to pick my younger sister up, and together we went Tampines central for dinner, then to collect my jewelries, and to buy some stuffs.








kimjunhong.blogspot.com
On the journey back home...










Later, dinner at Century Square food court...









kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Korean BBQ beef set.






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Hotplate Salmon.













After our dinner, I went to collect my jewelries...




*

*


*


*



kimjunhong.blogspot.com
This is my engagement ring for Jessie...









kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Pretty? It is from CitiGems. Jessie loves it.










kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Jessie's dowry, she choosed herself.






kimjunhong.blogspot.com









Jessie has an unusual taste for jewelries, she doesn' t like necklaces or earrings with Solitaire diamond!





For an example of a Solitaire diamond pendant and earrings...



kimjunhong.blogspot.com






Isn't it nicer? I encouraged her to choose solitaire diamond jewelries but I got told off by her instead! Nevermind, as long as she likes it.









kimjunhong.blogspot.com




kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Our wedding bands.








After collecting my jewelries, we went Isetan for shopping, sorry no, BHG in Century Square to be exact.

Shortly after arriving into BHG, me and my younger sister started to take a couple of pictures when the security came and said, No photo taking is allowed here!

WTH?!

Was BHG afraid that other people might steal their concept when I feel that their concept bear no differences from Isetan and OG??







kimjunhong.blogspot.com
My younger sister, Karin.





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
This picture was taken just seconds before the security guard came over.









It was almost 10 PM by the time we are done with our shopping.
I headed over to Jessie's house while the rest of my family went home.


Later at Jessie's house, we went for supper nearby her house.
Initially, Jessie wanted to eat Chilli Crab, but unfortunately there was no crab left for her to eat, and she disappointingly ate other food.

After the supper, I went back Jessie's house and accompanied her untill she wanted to sleep before I leave her house.

It was almost 2 hours past midnight when I left Jessie's house, taking a taxi will have a midnight charge! But obviously there wasn't any other choice, so I waited for one...

I stood on the side of the road, a few meters ahead is a traffic junction. On the junction, there is a taxi held by the red light, and is signaling to turn towards my direction. Once the green light is up, the taxi started to turn.

What I saw next amazed me, from behind that taxi suddenly came another taxi in high speed. The speeding taxi turned sharply in the middle of the junction, creating a loud screeching noise from the tyres while it literally drifted across, over-taking that first taxi! Wow!








kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Something like this...






I flagged that crazy taxi and it stopped, it was a Trans Cab taxi. I got in and saw the driver.
The driver was a male in his late thirties, with short spikey hair, and wearing T-shirt with a denim jacket on.

After I told him where I wanted to go, he chuckled and drove. Then I asked him that did he drove so fast just to snatch customers?

The cab driver excitingly replied, "No, I like to speed! Especially on bends! It required skills!" He turned his head and gave me a big smile before turning his head back, "You see, taxi is such a lousy vehicle pumped with weak diesel, unlike petrol."

We stopped at a red light.

"You see all those youngsters driving cars with modified exhausts and sporty look... They don't have skills!" The taxi driver laughed.

"Wow. I have never seen a taxi speeding like this before!" I got excited.

"Of course you never see before! Where got taxi drivers drive like me? You need guts and skills to do it! You see the rest of the taxi uncles... Drive so slowly and without skills. Not fun at all!" He laughed again, "Today is your lucky day! You have not only saw it, but I let you feel it!"

The traffic light turns green now, he stepped on the accelerator speeding off like an illegal street racer which caused me to fall back on my seat!

Along the journey, the taxi driver closely tailgated cars, and narrowly drifting through every junctions and bends! Nice!





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
You don't just watch it on 'Initial D'.




Unfortunately, the journey back home only lasted less than 10 mins. The taxi meter was $6.30 when it arrived at my destination. Midnight cab drivers are known to be very stingy and kiasu, but that cool taxi uncle charged me only $6!

The taxi driver said with a big smile on his face, "Today is your lucky day young man!" and he hands over me my change.

I got off the cab astonished by what just happened!

One thing bewildered me was that just a couple of nights before this taxi ride, I had a dream about me flagging for a taxi at a place very much simliar to the neighbourhood where I live. I got into the taxi, told the cab driver my destination and off we proceed.

Shortly, we drove through a very narrow one-way road with multiple bends and curves. The taxi driver suddenly accelerates, and maneuvered the sharp bends at a high speed! The taxi driver was highly skilled, smoothly drifting through each bends with dangerous speed!

The dangerous yet thrilling ride ended when he was drifting through a wide bend, a guy crossed the road, and the taxi was drifting straight towards the guy! The taxi driver tried to stop the vehicle but it was something even a real professional find it difficult to do so. And so... The taxi hits the guy's leg and the guy crumbled down with a loud cry!

The taxi driver was finally abled to stopped his taxi and both of us got down to help the guy with his new broken legs...

I swear that was the dream I had! While I was sitting on that crazy taxi, it suddenly reminded me of this dream, and the back of my hair stood up! It was strange.





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
The next time, keep a look out when you are walking along the street on late nights...










Last Sunday afternoon, together with my younger sister Karin and my parents, I went for a final fitting on my tailored suit...




In the car during our journey...


*


*


*


*


*

kimjunhong.blogspot.com
I'm obsessed with this 'illuminati' hand sign! Haha.







kimjunhong.blogspot.com
My younger sister, Karin.




kimjunhong.blogspot.com
This pose is quite action!










Later, doing my final fitting...

*


*


*


*


*

kimjunhong.blogspot.com
How do I look?





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Testing my fitting.




kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Took a back view to see for myself.





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Using another camera and took this picture, with flash...



kimjunhong.blogspot.com
...Another one without flash.






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Took by myself. Erm... I'm trying to be natural by scratching my touch.





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Nice chandelier hanging on the ceiling.




kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Took a picture for Karin.





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Guess who?





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Doing some adjustment...






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Took a last picture for her before I go change into another suit.










A few minutes later...


*


*


*


*


*


Photobucket
Black Suit!






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Took a back view so that I could see for myself.







kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Karin took this picture.







kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Trying to strike a very cool pose.








kimjunhong.blogspot.com
My father wanted a part in the spotlight. Haha.




kimjunhong.blogspot.com
So does black look better or white? I personaly prefered black.












After my final fitting, we went over to Parkway Parade and had Swenson for dinner!











kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Karin unwillingly posed for a shot.





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Awhile later she shot me back. Haha!





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Uniquely, soup-in-a-bread.





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Seafood spaghetti.




kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Mine! Rib-eye steak!





kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Looking very delicious...





Looking at the rib-eye steak now makes me hungry! Beef steak is my favorite type of meat. I like it medium done, however I am strongly discouraged by some others to eat beef!

Anyway, that's all for my blog. I'm seriously tried now plus aching over my shoulders, back, and feets!!!

I know I will enjoy my sleep in bed tonight... Good night.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants