Friday, April 1, 2011

We Are From Africa

I haven been blogging much for the last month. I have been busy doing my freelance 'designs'.

Well just now, something happened and it made me really angry. It was unforgivably absurd! But still, I managed my cool and my mood is still as fine as always. Why live 90% of your life angrily when you can live it happily? The world is coming to an end you know?? *just joking about this end of the world part*

Anyway, what's up with my blog title? You know I watched a movie via online last week. It was a 2006 movie starring Leonardo Dicaprio; 'Blood Diamond'.

I still can remember the extremely popular and iconic 1997 movie, Titanic. Who would have never heard of this movie or story? I guess Titanic was probably one of the best movie ever made in the history of films! This movie did created history too; It became the highest-grossing film of all time, with a worldwide gross of over $1.8 billion – the first film to reach the billion dollar mark!! And it was the second film in history to won the most Oscars awards! (11 awards! First film was Ben-Hur in 1959 with 11 Oscars too)

Oh not to forget, it was also the movie that shot Leonardo Dicaprio to superstardom.









kimjunhong.blogspot.com The most famous line from Titanic; Jack: "You jump I jump!"









Ok, let's get back to the movie that I was initially talking about; Blood Diamond.





Blood Diamond (2006) kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Great movie! 4.5 out of 5 stars!






Here's a quick plot summary about the movie:
Set against the backdrop of civil war and chaos in 1990's Sierra Leone, Blood Diamond is the story of Danny Archer (Leonardo Dipcario) - an ex mercenary from Zimbabwe - and Solomon Vandy - a Mende fisherman. Both men are African, but their histories as different as any can be, until their fates become joined in a common quest to recover a rare pink diamond that can transform their lives. While in prison for smuggling, Archer learns that Solomon - who was taken from his family and forced to work in the diamond fields - has found and hidden the extraordinary rough stone. With the help of Maddy Bowen, an American journalist whose idealism is tempered by a deepening connection with Archer, the two men embark on a trek through rebel territory, a journey that could save Solomon's family and give Archer the second chance he thought he would never have.

You know, scientists says that humans evolved from apes, and all apes originated from Africa. In fact, scientists claims that all mammals originated from Africa! Well, frankly speaking, I think I got to agree with the scientists after watching Blood Diamond.

At the climax of the movie, there is a scene where Soloman Vandy (a fisherman) got furiously enraged with the leader of the rebels. And screaming like a mad man, Soloman charged towards the man with a spade and whacked the man to death with it.

Soloman Vandy is a African man, and when I saw the scene where he roared like a mad man, it shockingly resembles... An angry ape roaring.


*

*

*

*

*

*
kimjunhong.blogspot.com






Did you notice how close the expression or features of the African man and the gorilla is?

Like scientists said, man evolved from apes in Africa. I think I really got to agree with it now.






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Screenshot of Blood Diamond movie









By the way, I must stress that I am not making fun of this man or any other Africans! In fact, I am kinda making kudos and compliments to Africans!

And so, like the lyrics of the South Africa 2010 World Cup theme song by Shakira goes... We are all Africa~




Next, a few days ago I watch the new korean movie, 'The Man From Nowhere'.


*

*

*

*

*

*

The Man From Nowhere (2011) kimjunhong.blogspot.com






A really nice movie! 5 out of 5 stars!!

A really quick plot summary of this movie: A quiet pawnshop keeper with a violent past takes on a drugs and organs trafficking ring in hope of saving the child who is his only friend.

Been awhile since I watched such an exciting action movie, and whats more, a Korean movie!! It starred the charming Bin Won. Speaking of which, it reminds me of another good movie Bin Won starred in...






Taeguki - The Brotherhood of War (2004)
kimjunhong.blogspot.com
I think this movie was better known as 'Brotherhood' in Singapore






One of the best war movies!! 5 out of 5 stars!! - A story about the fate of brothers forced to fight in the Korean War.

This movie has good scenes of war fights, a few funny scenes, and some really touching scenes that brought tears to my eyes.

This movie is definitely in my top 10 favourite movies and top 5 favourite war movies of all-time!! And this is the only Asian movie in my top 5 war movies list!

By the way, I love to watch war movies. If you must know what some are the other films in my top list of war movies, I will tell you but not in any ranking orders; Saving Private Ryan, We Were Soliders, Thin Red Line, and Black Hawk Down... There are more, but these are the popular ones.




Lastly, before I end my post. I was changing my hotmail account password just now when I notice the date I registered for this email account (kim_junhong@hotmail.com). I screenshot it...


*

*

*

*

*

*

kimjunhong.blogspot.com 17 April 2000






I go "WOW!" when I realised the date, 17 April 2000, 11 years ago!! I know some of you will think that it is no big deal or some of you might probably even have email accounts registered much longer than my date. But still, I personally felt quite 'amazed' at how long it have been.

11 years! Imagine that! Can you remember what you were doing 11 years ago? Were laptops even afforable at that time? Were there even iPods available then?? No, I hardly think so.

Actually one thing that amazed me the most was that I have been using this 11 years old email account for 11 years. It is and have been my main email account for almost everything that requires you to have an email account, like; MSN Messenger, Blogger, Friendster, Facebook, Twitter, etc etc... It goes on...


Cool huh? No? Whatever!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants