Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Wedding Gate-Crash

Happy Chinese New Year 2011~
Wishing you a prosperous year ahead!

My favorite festive time of the year has arrived again!

I feel that 2010 passes really fast! In a couple of months time, it will be my first wedding anniversary; my wedding day felt like only yesterday!! Speaking of which, I haven do a post about my wedding day!


Since updates on this year's CNY won't be that soon (at least not until CNY is almost over), I shall post about one of a segments from my wedding day. And what segment from my wedding day would I post other than the infamously 'Gate Crash' segment??





Gate-crashing - an infamously traditional game that is played on Chinese Weddings; usually in the morning when the groom arrives at the bride's house to fetch her.

In Chinese weddings, 'gate-crashing' have always been one of the most highly anticipated segments by the bride's sisters of course. And on the night before, they would usually rack-up their brains to think of funny games to tease the groom and his brothers.


As the bride's sisters evil ideas start popping out, I would say it is 'stressful' & 'challenging' to the groom and his brothers as everyone knows that the games of the infamous gate-crashing can sometimes get quite ridiculous.

Oh not to forget, while the bride's sisters are having fun punishing the groom & his brothers, they will also extort as much money (red packets) as possible from the groom before finally letting him through the gate!!







Well, for my wedding gate-crash, it was somehow a 'special' one. Why? Because we managed to get into the bride's house without being sabotaged by the sisters!






Using some photos from that morning, I could show you about my wedding gate-crash. Somehow like a picture slideshow...



That early morning, my brothers arrived at my house and prepared the brothers' car...








kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Joshua & Joel busy






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Joshua






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Joel






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Joel & Tee Boon






The brothers' car was Tee Boon's car by the way.



My wedding car arrived...







kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Wedding car






And so, after we got ready, we headed over to the bride's house...






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
On the way...






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Going up to recieve my bride!






Photobucket
A group photo and a moral boost before heading up






Photobucket
Getting into the lift...






While gathering outside the lift lobby...






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Kevin asked...






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






When everyone else has gathered, we started proceeding towards the unit...






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
The long march...







kimjunhong.blogspot.com






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






And the negotiation starts...






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






After a short discussion among ourselves...






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






Bloody hell... They slammed the door on us...

And so we were discussing what to do next when...







kimjunhong.blogspot.com






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






(On the opposite side of the door...)






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






Of course, 2 or 3 girls is definitely no match for the strength of 7 guys...






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Cerline putting in lots of effort...






While we were forcing our way in...






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






Dazzled, I was standing among the chaotic scene just staring blankly when suddenly, out of no where, a strong arm grabbed around my neck and forcefully dragged me!!






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Cerline's strong fighting-spirit is admirable...






Nonetheless, we broke into the house finally!



Some of the girls wasn't happy because they didn't managed to 'torture' us! *LOL*






kimjunhong.blogspot.com






kimjunhong.blogspot.com







This was how we got into the bride's house without being sabotaged by the bride's sisters! Haha.



Mm... Thinking back... For that morning, I prepared a couple of red packets, with the 'biggest' one being kept by Kevin. I remembered that we managed to broke into the house without giving up the 'biggest' red packet.


And so, later that afternoon, I asked Kevin for that red packet but he told me that shortly after we broke into the house, the sisters discovered that he is holding the 'biggest' red packet and forced him to give it to them! Damn...!

Well, a few days later, I checked these photos and discovered that Kevin lied; he wasn't forced by the sisters to give them the red packet! In fact, Kevin gave them the red packet on his own!!






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
Look! He was already holding the red packet on his hand when we were forcing our way in!






And once inside the house...






kimjunhong.blogspot.com
CAUGHT RED HANDED!






I could have saved the red packet! Or at least not give it to them that easily! Haha.



Anyway, this was my wedding gate-crashing...
And this is what we truly call, GATE-CRASHING!

Hope you enjoyed it :P


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants